Global Chinese Working Holiday Makers Forum! 

虎维网

找回密码
 立即注册
更多»
新西兰WHV在线刷签证工具working holiday纪录片新西兰打工旅行Orbit保险 9折优惠
搜索
查看: 13066|回复: 11

[住宿] 如何给HELPX hosts 发信息

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-9-13 09:16:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册 一键登录: 更多»

x

, c" I4 {9 g+ E1 b                               
登录/注册后可看大图

3 ]6 V4 O5 R! a0 W! kHow to write email messages to hosts
0 J' ~7 o# l. g+ A8 m0 D. v
+ c# I& u; J+ K' x7 ]helpx官网有一些指导意见,建议各位在给host发信息之前,仔细阅读下,原文复制过来,相信大家的英语能力,就不翻译了:
0 t6 U9 c5 F8 U. r  }" V8 V2 u  W% i* l
Obviously as the host doesn't know you yet, they have little to go on other than the email you send them and your HelpX profile that is linked to that email, to decide whether to invite you to stay with them. Therefore the way you write your email and profile is the basis for whether they feel you would be a welcome helper and guest in their home. If you do so well, then you have a good chance of receiving a favourable response. If you do so badly, then you might find you get a no thanks reply or perhaps no reply at all. So what's your best approach. Well, first of all its a good idea to try and think from the hosts perspective. The sort of helpers hosts generally prefer are ones that are enthusiastic, able to use their own initiative, well mannered, responsible, trustworthy and not a time waster. So how do you give the host the impression you are such a person? Here is a list of advice we have put together for your guidance:9 N$ }5 @1 K3 \8 s! B2 c2 _- z
NEVER bulk send identical messages. This is a real pet hate for hosts. If you do, don't be surprised if you don't receive a reply and perhaps even receive a bad reference! That would not be a good start to your HelpXperience! Hosts are used to receiving such messages and have a good eye for spotting them.
3 J! m+ m: z" M# T& X8 @: s: O/ W' v) }
Never start an email like: Hi, my name is... If you do, straight away you have given the impression that your message might be generic and could be copied and pasted in its entirety to other hosts. Always address the hosts using their name(s). This shows good manners and not doing so might make you look lazy. 4 ^' \: D, g6 h4 X! c/ l! h

: S. e% b  v& d  iMake your emails individual, write something that proves you have indeed read the hosts listing fully.
5 k: z6 B0 V0 F/ K3 J* ]/ S& ]7 P7 A, E6 r- V( K
Never say something like, I would like to stay on your farm, when the host clearly does not have a farm!
8 D1 C: I% D; ?. [- ~/ z: K+ i$ Q( g
You don't need to write too much about yourself in your emails as this is what your profile is for. Hosts like to look at your profile to find out more about you. If your profile doesn't contain a self-description or a very short one then the hosts might think you are not very enthusiastic and perhaps a bit lazy. An important aim of your first contact email to hosts, is to try and convince the host that you have carefully selected them and have a genuine desire to stay with them and not make them feel they are just another host you have written to. , ]/ a! m  L# t% d2 y, C" V

8 K# `$ ?% h5 fProvide a good profile. Write your self-description with enthusiasm and include information you think the host will find interesting and useful such as your hobbies and skills. If you are travelling around, then give an idea of where you plan to visit and when. Remember the world is a rather big place and so can individual countries. For example, if planning to visit New Zealand but only plan to visit the South Island, then pointing out this intention is useful information for hosts. Keep your profile up-to-date. There's no point hosts reading about your plan to go somewhere, which is now somewhere you have already been to and not planning to go back to.
4 Z( @! {# G: Z' S& P" S8 {9 I5 h% K" A2 G* M- d5 C- P% Y
Its a good idea to make sure your profile is current and up-to-date prior to sending any email messages to hosts. Make sure you are registered under the correct network. If you plan to be a helper in Europe, then don't leave your network stated as International, otherwise hosts in Europe will have more difficulty finding your profile. A link to your profile is provided with every email you send to hosts through HelpX. ; ~' m% ~# |% j+ ]- E* m+ W
: k) q) O0 ]( ^, G# h. Z& i
Be honest with what you say about yourself. Don't promise what you can't give.
% H! @! a+ P  |4 m- S: r. O8 V* I; T
Note that when you send a message to a host it is both emailed to them and a copy is put into their helpx host inbox. The email sent to the host is just a normal email and if replied to via the hosts own email account, it will be sent to you as a normal email from them to you, so bypassing HelpX and therefore not putting a copy in your helpx helpers inbox. 4 X- X8 y* g7 g5 }) L3 L7 R

" ]- c) x2 z# n- U$ `Generally, don't write to hosts too far in advance. Due to helpers travel plans changing the further away a planned visit is, the more likely something will change that prevents you visiting that host as initially planned. If you do really want to write to a host well in advance then perhaps just show a general interest but say you will write again to try and arrange a stay closer to the time and that you understand its too far in advanced to make any confirmed arrangements. . f9 K2 [- q( k

7 @6 ^# a: e3 v7 [" dRemember first impressions are important, make yours impressive.
7 ?4 E2 B! e  B0 c
9 V* N9 ^( B( X( [6 k% X  iIf a host is deciding between two helpers to come and stay, one follows the advice above and one does not, which one do you think is most likely to receive an invite? Which one would you choose? If you can think from a host perpective and then apply that understanding when contacting hosts, you are much more likely to have success in being invited to come and stay with your first choice hosts.$ V. f/ }! p5 q( P
3 }9 O" x- J) `' X0 d
虎维网推崇"积极、乐观、开放、互助"的打工度假精神理念。
发表于 2013-9-13 15:04:09 | 显示全部楼层
回复@路痴小豆子:有个HOST就给住在他那里的女孩子看,说有个HELPER一天就发了二十几条出去,这样的人很难找到人收留的,所以发件应该对于HOST来说就不是私密的了。" i' U0 J4 q0 [8 F

4 N: Q2 z0 F6 ~5 o; y5 d( ]# V+ j[本条内容来自微博: StarmaxHu]
WHVer  发表于 2013-9-13 14:02:51
回复@StarmaxHu:发件箱是私密的吧…对方应该只能看到他收到的才对,又不是群发…只是写信要有针对性,千篇一律的是很难找到HOST的,除非是急缺人,这跟找沙发是一样的,

[来自微博网友: 路痴小豆子 的回复]
发表于 2013-9-13 13:38:41 | 显示全部楼层
简单来说,真诚第一,千万不要“海投”,因为host是能看到你发出去的信息,包括你发给其他host的那些,要是一天发好几十个出去的话,或者每封邮件内容都雷同,你想想谁还会欢迎你去呢?- A) X( ?5 ?  i

; H$ A: V8 }" ]4 D. Z9 O[本条内容来自微博: StarmaxHu]
发表于 2013-9-13 23:15:28 | 显示全部楼层

点评

我今天注册Helpx高级会员了,准备找找换宿先,不知道找得到不了。  发表于 2013-9-13 23:21
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-9-15 13:19:19 | 显示全部楼层
starmax 发表于 2013-9-13 13:38
; P" {; p( G% ?$ w简单来说,真诚第一,千万不要“海投”,因为host是能看到你发出去的信息,包括你发给其他host的那些,要是 ...
4 X  Z& t* A/ U3 i0 C3 z
你确定Host看得到Helper发给其他Host的邮件?。。。。。
发表于 2013-9-15 14:15:26 | 显示全部楼层
/kf碗底 发表于 2013-9-15 17:19
4 s! M4 Y" N7 W3 I7 m* z0 \+ s你确定Host看得到Helper发给其他Host的邮件?。。。。。
9 Q/ v0 }$ a6 o) y% E- M/ h
这事不是我亲眼所见,不过是之前住一个屋子的另外一个WHVER说的,她在一个HOST那里时的亲身经历
发表于 2014-5-14 19:50:03 | 显示全部楼层
太有用了 thx~~~
6 H8 s8 F! p: a. Y
发表于 2014-6-15 09:35:52 | 显示全部楼层
收藏了,备用~
发表于 2014-7-12 14:28:53 | 显示全部楼层
有用啊,留着备用
*滑块验证:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册 一键登录: 更多»

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|虎维网|WHVer|全球华人打工度假者论坛

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of whvers.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

虎维科技 版权所有

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 22:02